Quick Hoisin Chicken In Rice Paper Rolls
This dish is a fun way to share a meal. It’s not only quick to prepare but it’s a light and healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy.
This dish can be substituted with pork, prawns, beef or mix it up but the key is a balance in ingredients (protein, carbohydrate and vegetable) and a balance in flavour and texture (crunchy, salty, sweet and sour) all in one.
Happy eating with STOMPAPPAREL ☺
1-2 kg chicken thighs
Rice paper rolls
Mixed platter of lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, fresh herbs and mints
Pickled or fermented vegetables
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
2 tbs hot crushed chilli (optional)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (optional)
Crushed peanuts (optional)
- Marinate chicken thighs and hoisin sauce overnight
- Put chicken in oven baking tray and cook turning over using the sauce as a glaze. Can also be cooked on the BBQ or grilled.
- Slice into pieces
- To make the dipping sauce, mix well ingredients and set aside for serving.
- Dip the rice paper roll in hot or warm water and take out immediately (too long and the rice paper will become too wet and won’t stick).
- Put your own choice of filling – noodles, herbs and mints, chicken
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.