Vegetable Fritters and Classic Tomato Salad
Spring is here!
Try these delicious vegetable fritters that the whole family with enjoy. I love to make this to use up leftover vegetables. It is great as an entrée or as a main and the best thing is, it’s not only quick to make but kids will enjoy them too.
Family friendly, paleo friendly and gluten free!
Happy eating with STOMPAPPAREL ☺
Ingredients - Vegetable Fritters
1 sweet potato grated
1 carrot grated
1 zucchini grated
½ cup mint leaves
½ cup parsley leaves
1 teaspoon of salt
½ cup of almond meal
Coconut oil for cooking
Classic Tomato Salad
1 tub of Bocconcini balls
1 bunch of basil leaves
1 mixed cherry tomato medley
Dressing – lemon, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper
- Add grated vegetables into bowl, sprinkle salt and leave for approximately 1hr. This will help vegetables sweat out moisture and will allow the fritters to combine and hold together better.
- Using muslin cloth, wring the vegetables and remove excess moisture.
- Add mint, parsley, eggs and almond meal and combine well.
- Make small fritters and fry lightly in coconut oil on a medium heat. They should be slightly crispy and golden in colour.
- To make salad, cut tomatoes into halves, shred bocconcini balls, shred leaves of basil, toss with dressing
- Serve fritters with salad – too easy!