After some "Chi" ? Try Goji Berries and Garlic Shoots
Goji berries (also known as Chinese Lycium) have been used in Chinese Medicine for over 5,000 years and it is believed that goji berries increase the "chi" or the vital life force of those that eat them.
They are highly nutritious containing many of the essential amino acids, are high in protein, rich in minerals vitamins particularly vitamin C.
I actually like to use them in my cooking as they add a brilliant red that make plain dishes look very appetising so the health benefits are an added bonus!
I have used garlic shoots in this recipe but you can substitute with any green vegetable. Who doesn’t love garlic - a natural way to boost your health.
So if you want to increase your “chi” energy then you should try this dish out.
Happy eating with STOMPAPPAREL
Goji Berries & Garlic Shoots
(Serves 4 as a side or 2 mains)
½ cup goji berries
1 bunch of garlic shoots cut into small pieces (approx. 5cm in length)
3 cloves of garlic smashed
1 sliced onion
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 table spoon of oyster sauce
- Heat wok and add coconut oil.
- Add in garlic and onion and fry until they are brown
- Add garlic shoots and gently fry for 1 minute (I like them with a bit of crunch but you can cook to your liking)
- Add in oyster sauce and goji berries and stir through
- Serve immediately as is or as a side with rice or cauliflower rice
- Try also with chicken strips, prawns or squid